|Affiliation:||Riders of Havok (formerly)|
Gara is a man of average height, muscular build, with dark messy hair and a scar on the left side of his face. He sports battle armor that covers his chest, and he also wears shoulder pads with spikes on them.
Gara was once the son of a great ninja, who desired to become such a powerful ninja that he could defeat anyone. After finding out his goal, Gara's father asked him: "What will you do when you reach your goal?"A question to which the young Gara had no answer.
After becoming an adult, he pledged his loyalty to an unknown king, and served faithfully for several years. In time, the kingdom became the target of the powerful wizard Dark Schneider. Hearing of Dark Schneider's constant conquering of kingdoms, Gara requested to be allowed to assassinate him. The King allowed it, offering him the title 'Ninja Master' if he succeeded.
Gara snuck in to Dark Schneider's base, and attacked him while he was spending time with [[Arshes Nei]]. After a battle in which Dark Schneider merely toyed with the ninja, Gara allied himself to Dark Schneider and became one of the Riders of Havok.
Gara is first introduced asking Kall-Su whether he remembers 15 years ago when the three of them and Dark Schneider arrived to burn down the kingdom. The ogre also tells him while they were camping that Norman the Sorcerer was killed by someone, but they don't know who. Gara asks him if he's sure and that magically arts are pretty developed in Metallicana, but Osborn doesn't believe it. The ogre mentions he was killed with venom. Gara then seems shocked by his words. On the outskirts of Metallicana. Gara questions if Kevidabu has been killed to which one of the men tells him that he set out three weeks ago. Then he implies that the powerful aura they felt can only mean that Dark Schneider has returned, to which Gara agrees. As one of them questions why Dark Schneider doesn't join them to protect the kingdom, Gara tells him that they will find out. The man then asks if he has really become their enemy to which Gara replies that regardless of that they will kill everyone standing in their way family or friend. Gara then pulls out his magical sword Murasame and begins slaughtering Metallicana soldiers.
Powers and Abilities Edit
Gara has vast knowledge about ninja arts . A common misconception is that Gara possesses a superhuman healing factor. However, as it's proven in episode 3 of the anime, Dark Schneider uses his magic to regrow his and Gara's lost limbs.
Master Swordsmanship Specialist: Gara has proven to be one of the best swordsmen in the series, and as a Rider of Havok, he's one of the 2 best swordsmen of the group, the other being Arshes Nei. He wields the magical blade Murasame, with which he can cut enemies from distance by sending shock-waves.
- Sword of Mystery: By the use of Murasame, the user gains a boost in speed and slashes the opponent.
- True Sword of Mystery: A beam of wind and thunder is launched by using the Murasame sword.
- Japanese: Tesshō Genda
- English: Steven Jay Blum (Credited as David Lucas)
- Gara's appearance slightly resembles that of Guts, protagonist of the Berserk manga, during the Golden Age and Black Swordsman arcs. Ironically, Berserk is also set in a dystopian high fantasy world.
- Another coincidence between the them is that both are skilled swordsmen, both wield a sword with paranormal powers, and both have served a under a man with white hair which at one point of another were their enemies [Dark Schneider for Gara, Griffith for Guts]
- He also shares the fact he wields a wind-powered weapon with Serpico, another Berserk character.